Laser Racers, Laser Racers,
Huguenot Yacht Club would like to invite you to join us on the beautiful winter waters of Western Long Island Sound for our 2018-19 Laser Frostbiting Season. We get underway Sunday October 21st for those who want to practice or otherwise shake out the cobwebs. The 28th will be a second shake-down day. The races start November 4th, running races as the rest of the world hibernates through to March 30th, 2019.
What to expect:
• Up to six Windward/Leeward, Triangle, Harry Anderson, or No-jibe courses every Sunday (with an almost leisurely first start time of 1300.) The races are run fast and fun, and you still get back to the club with time to debrief and decompress with your fellow racers, enjoy a bite to eat or otherwise kick back. The season scores are separated into two series - a Fall/Winter Series and a Winter/Spring Series - with prizes for each and a Season Overall Trophy. We also close out the season and as the weather warms with a navigator's race finale we call the Execution Rocks Race Out and Return (affectionately known as the ERROR Race.)
• Open to Standard, Radials and 4.7 rigged Lasers; which start together but are scored separately.
• Comfortable RC boat and a Safety Boat to catch all your winning moves or occasional capsizes.
• A warm club room for suiting up.
• An even warmer bar and dining room for post-racing debriefs and coffee, refreshments, dinner.
• Winter Membership which allows for the above perks of club membership. (Note: You do not need to be a full member of HYC to participate in the Frostbiting season - the program is open to racers not currently affiliated with the club.)
• Costs: A $200 Wharfage Fee gets you Laser dock space in protected waters, ready to rig, push off and go; $200 Entry Fee (for 1st skipper, and $100 for 2nd skipper if you are sharing a boat) pays for the race management, use of the club equipment, and the season-end Awards Ceremony; and a $50 Winter Membership (for non-HYC members) allows you club access.
• Need to charter a boat? Let us know. Though HYC does not charter boats, there are always a few boats available to charter from individuals and we'll put you in touch. The fee for this will vary depending upon the charter, but if the past is any indication, it's been about $500 for the season.
• What else you need: A drysuit, PFD, and bow line, are the only mandatory equipment so start getting your kit together now.
• How you can help: Forward this to anyone you think might want to join or otherwise put them in contact with me at the email below! We also have room for extra Race Committee Volunteers (yes, you can bring your family and friends to hang out and watch the races from the RC boat); so let me know who might want to come out.
• To keep us organized:
Check out our website for general info: http://www.hyc-lasers.org
• How to sign up? Go here: HYC Lasers 2018-19 Frostbite Registration
Hope to see you on the water!
HYC Laser Frostbiting Fleet Captain
Schedule: (also see 2018-2019 Laser Frostbite Schedule)
|Oct 21||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Practice Day 1|
|Oct 28||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Practice Day 2|
|Nov 4||11:30 am - 12:00 pm||Skippers Meeting|
|Nov 4||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Fall - Winter 1|
|Nov 11||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Fall - Winter 2|
|Nov 18||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Fall - Winter 3|
|Nov 25||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Fall - Winter 4|
|Dec 2||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Fall - Winter 5|
|Dec 9||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Fall - Winter 6 / McCauley Cup|
|Dec 16||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Fall - Winter 7|
|Dec 30||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Fall - Winter 8|
|Jan 6||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Fall - Winter 9|
|Jan 13||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Fall - Winter 10|
|Jan 20||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Winter - Spring 1|
|Jan 27||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Winter - Spring 2|
|Feb 3||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Winter - Spring 3|
|Feb 10||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Winter - Spring 4|
|Feb 17||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Winter - Spring 5|
|Feb 24||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Winter - Spring 6|
|Mar 3||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Winter - Spring 7|
|Mar 10||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Winter - Spring 8|
|Mar 17||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Winter - Spring 9|
|Mar 24||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||Winter - Spring 10|
|Mar 30||12:00 pm - 12:30 pm||ERROR Cup - Skippers Meeting|
|Mar 30||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||ERROR Cup Race|
|Mar 30||5:30 pm - 7:00 pm||Season Dinner & Awards Ceremony|
Note: Start time for regular series races is 13:00. Anticipate enough time for rigging (and shoveling out) so that the dock departure time of 12:30 may be met without fail.
Huguenot YC - Laser Frostbite Fleet Captain
Huguenot YC - JC9 Frostbite Fleet Captain
Huguenot YC - Frostbite Charman
HYC Laser Race Committee
Horsehoe Harbor YC / Larchmont
Morris YC / City Island
Huguenot Yacht Club
- Lat: N 40° 53.340'